Wednesday 6 April 2022

My 2022 cross America Road Trip


 I decided in October to do a cross america road trip on my own.  Started out on Jan 12/22 to Elyria, OH to visit and stay with my aunt Elaine.  Had a wonderful visit with her and Bruce for two days and then headed on to Nashville where I got caught in a snow storm and did some white knuckle driving from 3  - 6 am .

I was then on my way to the Petrified Forest, the Grand Canyon and Sedona.

Some pictures below:




the Grand Canyon:


My and Uncle Pete( actually he was a photo bomber)

Then on to Sedona, AZ  (probably one of the most beautiful places I've seen)








Then off to La Quinta to stay one night with my ex sister  in law...and saw Marilyn M.



From here it was a b=line to Harlingen, TX to visit with my friend and neighbor from the park where I live in Waterloo, ON..


I stayed with my friend for three days when she drove me to the McAllen/Reynosa,Mexican border to catch my flight to Mazatlan, MX  (she babysat my car while I was gone)

Me, waiting in Mexico City for my connection to Mazatlan and then two weeks in lovely Mazatlan where I met two wonderful couples from Canada, both from B.C.




I had a glorious sunset on the beach on my last night in Mazatlan


Then on to Mexico City where I stayed for a week in the same little apartment that my Dale and I stayed in three years prior


It was a spectacular sunrise my first morning there!!!







It really is an amazing city!!


Then on my way back to my friend's place on Feb 18th , 2022

and back home on Feb 26, 2022!!!

WHAT A JOURNEY IT WAS..


1 comment:

  1. What a great way to share your travels! Please keep it up as you have so many wonderful adventures!

    ReplyDelete